Career Advancement. Work that matters.
Leading companies need leaders. If you are ready for a challenge, career growth and rewards, we want to hear from you. In exchange for your skills, education and talent, we will provide you with support, opportunities for development, and stimulation to satisfy your career goals.
Interested parties should fill out the form below and submit with their resume attached or contact us at email@example.com.
The Reliability Engineer (RE) is responsible for directing the plant’s preventative and corrective maintenance programs to ensure continuous availability and operation of equipment to maintain effective and efficient production of electricity and process steam. The RE oversees plant inspections, equipment repair and installation. The RE manages subordinates in planning day to day and long-term maintenance schedules and supervisor day-day maintenance activities. Ensures that project milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets. The RE is also a subject matter expert on all equipment used in steam and electricity production including 16 Heat Recovery Steam Generators, 95 MW Extraction Steam Turbine, Fans, Pumps, Environmental Compliance equipment, specifically dry scrubbers, and all associated Balance of Plant equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Leads plant staff, consultants, and testing companies to maintain optimal plant availability, profitability and performance.
- Manages evaluation and implementation of new and/or improved technologies or repair of existing equipment.
- Develops technical scopes of work for engineering and maintenance contractors.
- Develop and adhere to approved project cost budgets and schedules
- Assists in performance of compliance and acceptance testing.
- Assists in plant construction, commissioning and troubleshooting.
- Assists with root cause failure analysis exercises.
- Regularly coordinate and report activities to direct supervision, as well as provide management updates as required.
- Publish Weekly and monthly eDNA/Maximo based analytical reports using existing Excel based templates.
- Roughly 50/50 split of office time and field time, depending on project workload.
- Engages others in open and creative dialogue.
- Ability to problem-solve and provide solutions and ideas.
- Capability to lead problem-solving teams comprised of technical, operations, and outside consulting resources.
- Demonstrated ability to drive and support implementation of initiatives.
- Subject Matter Expert for Power Plant Equipment Operation.
- Mechanical engineering background and experience with HRSGs, Steam Turbine Generators and Dry FGD systems.
- Ability to write operating and maintenance procedures and develop diagnostic testing protocols.
- Ability to write technical scope, equipment scope of supply, work scope, and technical summary documentation.
- Proficient in IBM Maximo, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, eDNA (user) and Outlook software programs.
Education Requirements / Work Experience
BSME; Minimum 7 years of experience in Engineering, Operations, and Maintenance in the fossil fuel power/utilities.
This position requires mobility in the field, and will involve regular walking, climbing stairs and ladders, and working at heights.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only responsibilities of, and the duties to be performed by, the employee occupying this position.View Job Description